Tuesday, January 15, 2013

6 Ways to Keep Your Hair in Great Condition When Life Gets Busy

By Loo of Hair and Health

 Have you ever been just too busy to do your wash routine? too busy to deep condition? too busy to style your hair? Many of us have been just too busy at one time or another. Whether school has gotten us bogged down in homework OR our career has consumed our schedule, life has gotten hectic to the point where our hair might have begun to suffer. Factor in stress and sleep deficiency and … “Whoa”! So what can you do prevent your hair from suffering during your tight schedule? Here are a few tricks and tips that I use:   1. Protective style to save time This tip is my number one time saver when life just gets too busy. Styles such as twists, braids, or wigs over cornrows allow for me to go weeks without fiddling with my hair, a task for which I don’t have time. I can direct my focus to work or school while my strands stay protected and knot-free.   2. Do a dry shampoo or co-wash instead of a full-on wash It is good hygiene to wash regularly, but postponing the task a few days isn’t going to destroy my hair. If I don’t have time for the entire wash day routine (i.e., pre-poo, wash, condition, re-twist my edges OR detangle), then I just co-wash or use a “dry” shampoo method (such as witch hazel and a towel to cleanse the scalp). Whichever route I take, I simply postpone my complete wash routine for when I do have time … rather than doing it hurried and half-hearted. 3. Sleep with a silk pillowcase Sometimes, after a long and tiring day the last thing I want or even remember to do is to put on a silk scarf or bonnet. For that reason, I sometimes get into the habit of using a silk pillowcase; that way all I need to do when I get home is hit the bed. Continue reading @ Black Girl with Long Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment